Updated: May 29, 2021
This is one of Aryan and my favorite fudge brownie recipes, given to me by a friend. This recipe is how to make fudge brownies completely from scratch. I do the baking and let Aryan put on the frosting and the sprinkles. He just loves the batter.
1. 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted.
2. 1 tablespoon cooking oil, (vegetable oil)
3. 1 1/8 cup superfine sugar, (brown sugar or white granulated sugar)
4. 2 large eggs. (you can add 1 or 2 more eggs to make it a bit more fluffy)
5. 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
6. 1/2 cup all purpose (or plain) flour.
7. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and vanilla, until the mixture becomes fluffy and light in color.
4. Then add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgy you like your brownies,
6. Then cool completely.
7. Slice, into square pieces.
8. Add chocolate frosting on top and decorations (sprinkles, stars etc)